For Our Companies: How Mentors Can Help
The Arizona Center for Innovation offers access to a large network of experienced Mentors. These are successful entrepreneurs and content experts who volunteer their time. Mentor services include:
- Individual mentoring and coaching
- Executive strategy and brainstorm sessions
- Advisory committee and board formation
These Mentors become an extension of your team, and often become engaged with your company beyond incubation – to become investors, board members, and executive team members.
Meet Our Current Mentors
For Our Community: Become a Mentor
The Arizona Center for Innovation works with an extended network of mentors who are committed to the growth and success of new ventures here in our community.
There are many benefits of being a mentor, including:
- The opportunity to network with like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Access to a larger network of resources and information
- A first-look at new technologies and projects
- The ability to influence positive venture growth in our community
- Additional credibility by partnering with the Arizona Center for Innovation and the UA Tech Park.
The mentor's role is to:
- Provide support for incubator clients in line with program objectives and client needs
- Facilitate introductions or connections where appropriate
- Support and promote the mission of the incubator in the community
- Establish a positive success culture through inspiration, motivation and optimism
- Participate in periodic AzCI meetings and events
- Notify the incubator staff if there are any company concern
- Help foster positive and effective communications on all levels
Mentors must have:
- Relevant experience
- Ability to maintain a professional and equitable learning experience for all incubator companies
- Willingness to champion the needs of both the incubator company and the incubator
- The ability to volunteer time
Often an incubator company will retain a mentor through hire, company ownership, etc. Once that formal relationship is established, we ask for disclosure and may request that the mentor step down from the active mentor pool. This is service for our AzCI companies and community, and, therefore, we respectfully request that mentors not use this as an opportunity to solicit other business.
If you want to learn more, or would like to become a Mentor, please submit your information here or